I was telling Ian about the hotel in Sweden that's entirely made of ice, and he in turn told me about the new pod hotels that are cropping up in major cities. I went online to see what else I could find on them, and it turns out that there's a whole market for unconventional accomodations.
If you'd like to economize but aren't quite ready to stoop to using the park bench, one step up would be staying at a capsule, or pod, hotel. Rooms are about 6.5 x 3 square feet. They come with a bed and a TV and not much else. If you're in the Hague and there is no more room at the inn, try the oil rig's escape pod. If the same situation occurs in Austria, try a sewage pipe. Or you can find shelter from the Swedish winter in the Icehotel. Ice is the primary construction material, with some snow.
This article highlights the best weirdest hotels:
http://matadortrips.com/igloos-castles-sewage-pipes-and-survival-pods-the-worlds-10-weirdest-hotels/
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Does anyone still blog?
Today I remembered that I have this blog. It took some searching, but I eventually managed to pull it up again. It was fun to read some of t...
-
Last night I decided to ride my bike to the tennis court to hit on the backboard. As I turned right at the top of a large hill, I noticed a ...
-
I run into politicians frequently at work (sort of the nature of the job). Occasionally I will see them in moments when their charismatic fa...
-
As I was biking home on Friday I came to a place in my route where two paths intersect. I needed to turn left but there...
No comments:
Post a Comment