Sunday, May 24, 2009

senatorial bathtubs



There are no end to the discoveries you can make in all the nooks and crannies of the capitol. The senate bathtubs may be my favorite of all. Joe showed me these. To find them, you have to go to the basement, enter a door that looks like it leads to a maintenance closet, go down a hall, turn a corner, go through a room, up some stairs, down some stairs, through another door, round the corner, and there, next to a toilet that is still used, are the tubs. One has been covered with a wooden board and some electrical equipment sits on top of it now, but the other is still open, waiting for the tired and careworn intern to come and take a soak. I wonder what past senate Greats have used this tub for the exact same purpose. Nevermind, I'd rather not wonder about that.


Here we are, freshening up after a long day of work.

1 comment:

  1. Ha. That's as good as having beds in the bathrooms at BYU! I love your blog Tali!

    ReplyDelete

Does anyone still blog?

Today I remembered that I have this blog. It took some searching, but I eventually managed to pull it up again. It was fun to read some of t...