Wednesday, April 29, 2009

April highlights

Several from the office went to the Pentagon to honor the visiting wounded war veterans. We stood and clapped as they filed past. It was a good reminder to me that
it's a real war going on out there.


Some of the interns and staff posed for a picture after the parade and a tour.

My old roommate Donelle came to town. To celebrate her 24th, Kim (another old roommate), Donelle, Matt, Ryan, Ian and I went to a baseball game. It was my first major league game. I believe it was between the Marlins and the Capitols. I decided to root for the Marlins (being from Florida) and they didn't disappoint. Thankfully, Ian was ther to help me make sense of what was happening.



Here are a few shots from the ceremony for the unveiling of the new bust of Sojourner Truth. It is now on display in the Capitol Visitor's Center.



That's my boss.



Don't be jealous of my 4 mega pixel camera. If you can't identify the blurry figures, Michelle Obama is speaking, Nancy Pelosi is in the purple suit on the left, and Hillary Clinton is in the orange suit on the right.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Does anyone still blog?

Today I remembered that I have this blog. It took some searching, but I eventually managed to pull it up again. It was fun to read some of t...