As we watched, the camera guy caught sight of us standing there. He loved the hat I was wearing and had his heart set on getting the hat-profile behind the screen on camera. It took a little cajoling, but I finally agreed to share a secret so he could get his precious shot.
Mike and I jokingly thought it would be a good idea to share our feelings about the Gospel of Jesus Christ as our "secret". We knew that no one would hear it except this camera-man who had earphones on and could hear what you said in the mic, so it would be a fun little moment to have him as a captive audience, so to speak. Mike challenged me to actually do it, so of course I did. I told the poor camera-man all about why the LDS church is so great and how happy the gospel makes me, concluding by saying that this is a secret that should NOT be kept. When I was through, I searched his face for any sort of reaction, but he was extremely professional and simply told me, "Good job."
Well, fast forward two months. Yesterday Mike asked me if I ever went online to see if they used my secret on their blog. I had actually totally forgotten about it. I went online to check, and what do you know! There, on youtube for all to see, is a brief segment on PostSecret at Artomatic including two brief clips from my secret! Unfortunately, he edited out all specific references to the LDS church, but I'm still pretty tickled that he was willing to include anything on the subject of religion!
I searched a little further and it looks the like the guy has even made the image of my hat-profile behind the screen the new screen saver on his laptop. ha.
If you'd like to hear my secret for yourself, go here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SF8DaUv8si4
I would recommend that you skip the first minute or so: there are a few secrets that you may not want to hear before you get to the really good one- mine!
Mike and I posing with Frank Warren- the PostSecret man himself.
There's the hat-profile the camera-man wanted so badly. You can see him in the foreground with his headphones on, listening to me share my religious beliefs!
Tali you are so feakin' cool! Man, I tell you what I want to be you because you are just awesome! I love this post. It really makes me miss you. This is why we want to name a daughter after you. Love ya
ReplyDeleteOh and check out my post for flashback friday this coming up friday...:)
Tali-- you are TOO cool. You have the best stories--- how can I be like you? Seriously. I'm amazed at how you make your way into these unique situations!? THanks for sharing :)
ReplyDelete