Monday, June 22, 2009

tribute to dad

I can't believe my own luck. I don't deserve it, but I have the best father in the world. Much of who I am I owe to him. The life I lead and the opportunities I have enjoyed are because of him. The person that I have become and my understanding of the world are attributable to him. I am the recipient of innumerable acts of service, love, instruction, assistance, and kindness from him. He has had a profound and eternal impact upon me.

I rarely meet anyone with a heart more pure than that of my dad. The words that Jesus used to describe Nathanael can also be applied to him: "Behold an Israelite indeed, in whom is no guile!" (John 1:47) His heart is always in the right place. His intentions are always the best. He is someone who can be trusted blindly.

My dad has also provided me with some of my greatest lessons in generosity and service. He will always go the extra mile(s). A short while ago, he participated in a weekend service activity. He ended up laboring for two weeks to complete the work he had begun, all for a stranger. His service is usually done quietly and anonymously. He will never call attention to what he has done.

My dad is not only brilliant, he is hardworking. He is the picture of industry, productivity, and dilligence. When he studies something, he studies it hard. When he is working on something, he works on it hard. He accomplishes alot, and he is often right.

I appreciate the nightly tutoring sessions all through grade school. I appreciate driving to karate lessons together in the evenings. I appreciate boating trips, family outings, thoughtful gifts. I appreciate family scripture study sessions, 5:45 am rides to seminary, and Family Home Evening lessons.

Thanks, daddy. I admire you and I love you and I'm THANKFUL for you.

2 comments:

  1. Your father IS wonderful. And hardworking and kind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are very sweet words about your father.
    Oh, and thank you for allowing me to read your blog! :) Love ya!

    ReplyDelete

Does anyone still blog?

Today I remembered that I have this blog. It took some searching, but I eventually managed to pull it up again. It was fun to read some of t...