I may get alot of mileage out of this article title. Here's the second installment. Last Sunday I sent this email to several dozen of our friends:
Hi Friends,
We have accumulated obscene amounts of meat, chips, cake, etc. due to yesterday's happy event (the union of Kate and Kaleb). We would like to invite you to come over and help us eat the leftovers tonight at 7:30 pm. Bring your own plate and your friends.
Sincerely,
Kate's roommates
Today, I sent this additional email out to all those included on the original invitation:
Friends,
Please accept our sincere apologies. We really didn't intend to give you all food poisoning. (For those of you that were too discreet to ask around, an alarming number of us fell ill the next day.) Hopefully it didn't disrupt your schedules too much.
Yours (even in culinary disaster and digestive unease),
Kate's former roommates
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Does anyone still blog?
Today I remembered that I have this blog. It took some searching, but I eventually managed to pull it up again. It was fun to read some of t...
-
Last night I decided to ride my bike to the tennis court to hit on the backboard. As I turned right at the top of a large hill, I noticed a ...
-
I run into politicians frequently at work (sort of the nature of the job). Occasionally I will see them in moments when their charismatic fa...
-
As I was biking home on Friday I came to a place in my route where two paths intersect. I needed to turn left but there...
Tali, I totally miss being your roommate! I'm surprised that's the first food poisoning incident you had considering where I've seen you get your food before! ;)
ReplyDelete