Friday, April 30, 2010

Unlucky, and really unobservant

I am resolved to post more than once a quarter on this thing. By posting today, after posting so recently, I am exceeding even my own high blogging aspirations.

Today, my thoughts are with the poor UPS driver who fell down an elevator shaft this week. When this happened to a character in Kate and Leopold it was a little comical. The occurrence in real life is very unfortunate- it seems doubly so because it has been portrayed in a humorous light.

The man was on the third floor of a large office building off of Monument Drive in Fairfax, VA. For some reason, the elevator doors opened even though the elevator was not there. The man failed to notice this as he proceeded to back his large cart of packages into the empty space through the doors.

He fell three flights, shattering the bones in both his arms, breaking his pelvis, and cracking his skull.

I learned of the poor man's mishap through his colleague, our office's UPS driver. When David collected our packages yesterday afternoon, he said that the man is not doing well. I am anxious for today's update. I pray that he is able to recover!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I can't believe that actually happened! It really seems like that kind of stuff happens in movies (like Kate & Leopold). Hope he is okay.
    Thanks for posting too! :)

    ReplyDelete

Does anyone still blog?

Today I remembered that I have this blog. It took some searching, but I eventually managed to pull it up again. It was fun to read some of t...