Wednesday, December 2, 2009

'tis the season to be...surfing



I went home to Florida for Thanksgiving- for the first time since high school. It was everything I remembered it to be and more.

Jenni and Scott and I decided to brave the holiday traffic and drive down there. After a luxurious stopover for the night at the Disney Resort at Hilton Head Island (SC), we arrived in Mims on Thursday, just in time for the big meal.

I really didn't expose Jenni to the wide variety of activities the area has to offer. We knew what we liked, and we didn't stray far from it. We went to New Smyrna Beach, Playalinda Beach, Cocoa Beach, and Wekiva Springs. I never took her into Orlando at all. We may not have gone to Disney World, but we did get to see the ocean in the morning, in the afternoon, in the evening, and at night.



Ajay and Angie and their friends enjoyed many of these activities with us. Angie documented the experience with her camera. As her pictures demonstrate, there are a few advantages to not having four seasons.

3 comments:

  1. So fun! I wish I would have known that you could surf. I would have made you take a road trip to Cali to teach me some stuff.
    Also....FINALLY an UPDATE! I miss you girl, you need to update more! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tali! I'm a horrible friend. I keep forgetting to call you back when I have a chance. I'm going through this phase where I don't want to talk on the phone. I don't know why because I always love talking to you once I do it. Thanks for reminding me about your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tali! Do you know more than on Ajay, or is this the Ajay I know? It's fun to see an update. It's been too long...

    Did Kim tell you we are going to Uganda? :)

    ReplyDelete

Does anyone still blog?

Today I remembered that I have this blog. It took some searching, but I eventually managed to pull it up again. It was fun to read some of t...